Work with us
Waterjet USA is the North American subsidiary of Waterjet Corporation, a global leader in the field of CNC waterjet cutting equipment. Waterjet Corp was established in 1991 and is headquartered in Monza, Italy. Please visit www.waterjetusa.com for more information. We are searching for a candidate to fill the position of
Field Service Technician
- Perform equipment installation as well as verify proper operation of machines to the manufacturer’s specifications and in conformance with instructions and testing.
- Review, evaluate, and resolve machine problems at customer sites, or by phone, with limited supervision.
- Must assume responsibility and exercise discretion and independent judgment to evaluate, diagnose, and provide timely, appropriate responses and resolutions to customer problems in agreement with company’s practices.
- Provide adequate training to customers (and in some events other Waterjet employees) with the overall intention of instructing and/or recommending methods that will improve and/or enhance the performance of the machinery and optimize its usage for their particular needs.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate ideas, strategies, problems, and solutions in both verbal and written forms to co-workers and customers.
- Ability to prepare written service reports and other necessary supportive documentation.
Flexible hours and extensive travel throughout North America (90% USA, 5% Canada, 5% Mexico) and Italy will be required. The position requires resourcefulness, self-direction, and personal responsibility for total customer exuberance.
- Familiarity with standard industrial safety procedures
- Knowledge of machine tool commissioning process
- Well-rounded mechatronics background including:
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- CNC, axis drives, PLCs, hydraulics, and pneumatics experience
- Ability to read electrical schematics and understand mechanical prints
Good communication skills and patience required for intricate problem solving
- Good demeanor and ability to interface courteously with various types of plant personnel, from production to management
- Able to lift 70 lbs components if needed
- Legally able to work in the US
- Valid US driver license and clean driving record
- Valid passport
- Spanish, Italian or French language knowledge a plus
Knowledge will include:
- Electrical (5%) – Digital servo drive systems and basic sensor technology.
- Mechanical (5%) – Mechanical drive systems including ball screws, rack gears, and chain drives.
- Computer (75%) – Control systems (ESA Gv, Fanuc, Mitsubishi), basic networking, standard computer functions, waterjet cutting specific graphic software, G-Code, etc.
- Waterjet Cutting Process (15%) – Various materials including metals, alloys, composites, rubber, etc.
Experience & Education
- Waterjet cutting background preferred
- 2+ years of industrial maintenance (machine tools preferred)
- Associate’s degree in electronics preferred
If interested, please apply at
Waterjet USA LLC
65 N River Lane - Suite 209
Geneva IL 60134
Or Email to Job@waterjetusa.com